The user-friendly ZWILLING Pro prep knife was created by renowned Italian designer Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, the company that sets the standard for exceptional cutlery worldwide. It features a unique curved bolster that supports the professional grip, with thumb and index finger on the blade, for safe, precise cutting and less fatigue. The redesigned blade has a broader curve in the front to facilitate the rocking motion of Western cutting, with a straight back that’s ideal for Asian chopping. The full length of the blade can be used when cutting.
Precision forged from a single piece of high-carbon, no-stain steel, the SIGMAFORGE® blade is exceptionally sturdy yet flexible. The FRIODUR® blade is ice hardened, making it extremely sharp and durable. The knife is hand ground and polished, then the angle of the cutting edge is checked with precise laser technology. The durable ABS resin handle is ergonomically shaped for a comfortable grip and is triple riveted to the blade.
Features & Benefits:.
• Made in Germany.
• Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun.
• Unique Curved Bolster & Innovative Blade Shape.
• ZWILLING Special Formula Steel.
• SIGMAFORGE® knife, forged from one single piece of steel.
• FRIODUR® blade, ice-hardened to ~57 Rockwell Hardness.
• Hand sharpened and polished.
• Edge angle 15° on each side (10° on Santoku’s).
• Laser controlled edge.
• Traditional three rivet handle.
• Full tang.
• Dishwasher safe (Hand-washing recommended.)