Frequently Asked Questions:
Cooking Classes @ Cooks
1. What is Cooks' Cancellation Policy?All class seats are nonrefundable, much like a sporting event or theater ticket. If canceling is necessary and a one-week advance notice is given, we will issue you a store credit, in the form of a Cooks’ gift card, for the amount of your purchase. This gift card is valid for future class registrations or purchases from our stores or website. Please note: we require a one-week advance notice for cancellations (two weeks for groups larger than four).
Cooks does not cancel classes due to weather.
2. What is included in the class fee?The class fee includes instruction, printed recipes and tasting portions of everything on the menu.
3. What should I wear to class?We recommend comfortable clothes and shoes, and perhaps layers since things can heat up in the kitchen! We’ll provide aprons for all participation classes.
4. I have a group of six or more people. May we take the class together?Yes! However, given the limited space and popularity of our classes, we may not always have the space available. Booking early is one option. Our class calendars are published by the first of each preceding month. Another option is to consider a private cooking experience, which we offer at all three of our locations. Contact us for more information about creating a custom cooking experience for your group or team.
5. Kids cooking classes – do parents attend?Seats in our kids cooking classes are for kids only, ages 8–12. Sorry parents ... enjoy your free time. You’re welcome! Parents will be asked to fill out an emergency information form for each child.
6. Do you have age requirements for your cooking classes?Unless noted in the class description, anyone under 18 is welcome attend a class with an adult. Two seats will need to be purchased to do so. For participation classes, participants will be using heating elements and sharp cooking utensils, and should be tall enough to comfortably reach counter and stovetops to get the full class experience. If you ever have questions, please call us and we can help you determine if the class is the right fit.
Note: We have kids cooking classes geared specifically for ages 8–12 years of age! You can view the kids category classes here.
7. Can I register someone for a class as a gift?A Cooks of Crocus Hill gift card is the best way to give classes as gifts! This allows your recipient(s) to select classes that best suit their schedules and interests. Gift cards are available in any amount and can be purchased online or by visiting or calling any of our retail locations. We will mail your gift card to you or the recipient.
8. Will I be able to enjoy an adult beverage during class?We offer wine, beer and soda for purchase for any class held at a Cooks of Crocus Hill kitchen. Our Date Night, Supper Club and Cooking Club classes include one glass of wine or beer per person. During our "Libations" classes, which serve wine/beer/liquor pairings as part of the menu, we do not sell additional wine/beer since there is plenty to try during class.
9. Can you accommodate special dietary needs?You are welcome to eat around parts of the menu, but unfortunately, we are unable to make singular adjustments to the recipes in our public classes. We do, however, offer many classes each month that suit various dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free or shellfish allergies. Please contact us for assistance in finding the right class!
10. ParkingCooks has convenient, complimentary parking at all of our three locations.
In St. Paul, you’ll find dedicated parking behind our building.
If you’re headed to Edina, there is a parking ramp adjacent to the south side of the building, off 51st Street.
In Stillwater, we recommend parking in the lot at Nelson & 2nd Street.
Click here to view more parking information and maps.