Cooks of Crocus Hill is built around the philosophy that everyone in the organization shares in the experience of growing a company. We wouldn’t be as successful as we are today if we didn’t allow our employees to have a voice in what we do. That’s why we foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to speak their minds and get involved.
We’re a small organization, much like a tight-knit family, but we’re also evolving. Occasionally, we look to add new members to our team, whether it’s class assistants for the cooking schools, sales associates for our retail locations, or a new member to our administration.
If you want to be considered for any upcoming positions, please fill out and e-mail in an application. We look forward to hearing from you.
Permanent Part Time Retail Associates – St. Paul Store
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Be a champion for quality customer service as defined by Cooks
• Ring up retail sales via our point of sale • Work towards a clearly defined sales goal
• Understand and follow all policies and procedures at Cooks
• Open/Close registers
• Approach all aspects of work with Positive Attitude
• Attend Cooks trainings and vendor trainings
• Perform other routine tasks in the store (stock inventory, clean store areas, etc)
Required Experience: at least 1 year in a retail or sales environment.
This position reports to store management and is part-time-12-20hrs per week.
Flexible schedule required, with at least one weekend shift per week.
You must at least 18 years of age, be able to work in an active environment for shifts at least 5 hours long, and able to lift up to 40lbs.
Along with the application above, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter by 05/30/13 to:
Inquiries to the St. Paul Store:
Todd Schulte at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: DOE, hourly Benefits: purchase discount
Part Time Culinary Assistants – For cooking classes and private events
This is an excellent opportunity to learn from great chefs, connect with culinary professionals and enjoy your passion for food!
15% – Class/ event set up and prep
60% – Event execution/Customer Service
25% – Cleaning, organization training and communication
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Be a champion for quality customer service as defined by Cooks
- Assist in all aspects of the School operation
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures at Cooks
- Approach all aspects of work with positive attitude
- Attend Cooks trainings and vendor trainings
Required Experience: 2 years cooking, catering or wait staff experience. This position reports to the School Coordinator and is part-time (10-30 hrs/per week)
Flexible schedule required You must be at least 18 years of age, be able to work in an active environment for shifts at least 5 hours long, and be able to lift up to 40lbs. You will be required to work at any of the Cooks’ locations on occasion.
Pay: $8.50 – 11/hr DOE
To apply: Please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Cooks of Crocus Hill on Grand Avenue in St. Paul is hiring:
Part Time Dishwasher – For cooking classes and private events
This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door at a passionate culinary operation and network with many local and regional Chef and other food professionals. Shifts will include dishwashing for small cooking classes as well as private events and parties. There is a large potential for growth within the organization.
- Flexible schedules, including weekdays and weekends. For 3-4 shifts per week. (typical shifts average 6 hrs in duration)
- Strong work ethic with high standards for cleanliness and organization
- Interest and ability to help with food prep and assist class set up and execution
- Ability to work both St. Paul and Edina locations
- Dishwashing or culinary experience
- Passionate Cooks!
Pay Scale: $8 – 10/hr
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Life happens in the kitchen. That’s our belief, and we’re sticking to it. For the past 30 years, Cooks has been the Twin Cities’ industry leader in all things culinary. We were the first cooking school to bring nationally recognized chefs and cookbook writers to the Twin Cities, the first retail store to incorporate cooking classes and the first specialty gourmet store to directly import culinary products. And those won’t be our last firsts. We’re constantly growing, changing and challenging ourselves to bring the best products and experiences the food world has to offer to our customers.